Tuesday, June 12, 2007

"Who Broke?"

Bryce and his Godfather, Uncle Allen
My brother, Allen, was here for the weekend and Blake had the hardest time preparing for his visit. Blake (and the rest of the family) absolutely LOVED Allen's girlfriend, Rachael. They have since decided to go their separate ways and we are all sad that we won't be seeing her again. She is a wonderful person, we all had so much fun with her, especially Blake.
When we told Blake that Allen was coming to see him, he immediately asked, "And Rachael, too, right?" I told him that Allen and Rachael had decided to break up. He said, "WHAT? Why did they break? Who broke?" He was very confused and I wasn't quite sure how to explain this to a 3 year old. So, I ended up saying that they had found different friends and that Rachael wouldn't be coming with Allen anymore. He wasn't very happy with this situation, so the rest of the day he role played saying that he was Allen and that I was Rachael and we were still friends. It was cute, but I felt bad for him. Break ups are hard on everyone, even 3 year olds!!

No comments: