Today was Blake's first visit to the Dentist! About a month ago we started playing "dentist office" here at home. I would have him lay down, clean his teeth, then call in Dr. Dentist to check for cavities. He enjoyed playing dentist office so much he would beg me to make him a real appointment. So, I finally got around it and took him in today. Last night he was all worked up about it and did not want to go, so needless to say I was nervous to take him. However, I am more than pleased to report that he was a PERFECT patient!!
He loved his hygienist, Dessie; she was so good with him. She introduced all the instruments as her friends, Mr. Thirsty (suction), Mr. Squirty (Water), Mr. Tickler (polishing brush), etc. She let him feel everything with his finger first before they got started so there weren't any surprises. He did so well through the cleaning that she even took pictures of his teeth (X-rays) and showed him on the screen. He also got a fluoride treatment.
Blake got an A+ from the dentist for excellent brushing technique and no cavities . . . YEAH!!
He was more excited about his toy from the treasure chest and his new toothbrush :) As we were leaving he saw Dessie walking down the hall and called out "Thanks Dessie!" all the girls in the office were smiling and I couldn't have been prouder!
Christmas Eve and Christmas at Nonnie and Bop's
11 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment