Friday, May 8, 2009

30 Years Young

Well . . . It happened, on Wednesday May 6th I left my 20's behind (sniffle, sniffle) and turned 30 years OLD!!! While I was dreading this day, and had made a decision that this would be the year I start lying about my age, it turns out that 30 isn't so bad after all. I had a GREAT day with wonderful friends and plenty of birthday treats.
Here are the flower cupcake cakes that Tim and the boys got for me
The Woolmans helped me celebrate with a bottle of sparkling grape juice
I also got my favorite salsa from Sean, Erica, and Quinn; Emily bought a Cold Stone Ice Cream Cake; and The Richie family made me some delicious cookies. A BIG thank you to all my friends who thought of me on my birthday. It helped me transition to 30 in a fun way that made me forget my fears of aging, ha ha! Also, a special thank you to Tim, Blake, and Bryce who make me feel special every day, but even more so on my birthday. I LOVE YOU!


During the day we had our friends Ashlie, Caitlyn, and Lauren over to our house for lunch and play time. It was so much fun watching Caitlyn and Lauren figure out how to maneuver the battery powered cars for the first time.
Bryce is our Car guy and while he had a hard time watching from the sidelines, he enjoyed carting Lauren around for thrill rides and ramming into Caitlyn's car while laughing . . . this one is definitely TROUBLE.



Poor Caitlyn had to endure Bryce's road rage, if you can look close you can see Bryce's Dr. Evil grin, but I wish you could have heard his devilish laugh to accompany it. He was in rare form.

It was a perfect day that ended with a surprise pizza party with friends. I am so lucky that I get to celebrate one more time when we got to The Melting Pot for dinner on Saturday, can't wait.

No comments: