Thursday, June 17, 2010

Class of 2022

Really? Seriously? It is hard enough (excuse me while I swallow the lump in my throat and fight this wave of nausea) to accept the fact that my BABY, my first born, the very reason I fell in love with motherhood, is done with kindergarten today and is now considered (gasp) a 1st grader but all over the classroom, the letters home, etc. etc. it says Class of 2022. It may be a fact, but I do not even want to associate my baby boy with a graduation date which in turn implies he is leaving me and will be out in the big bad world to find his way . . . without me (did I already say that?). Not to mention that when I think of the year 2022 I imagine myself showing up to his graduation with gray hair, a walker, and my hearing aid turned way up! Try it, think of the year 2022 . . . doesn't it make you feel old?!

All joking aside, Blake has had a great year. He has grown so much academically, emotionally, as well as physically. His teacher, Mrs. Larsen, was a perfect match for him and made his first school experience better than we could've imagined. Indian Hill is a fabulous school with loving, caring staff, and we are thankful to be Jaguars!!



Sooooo, ok why not: Way to go class of 2022, you've only just begun!!!! (Yup, that did it, I just shed real tears).







No comments: