Monday, February 26, 2007

My Funny Valentines





So, today Blake and Bryce sported their Valentine outfits for the 3rd time in the last 2 weeks, so I figured it was time I snapped some pictures. They were so silly, I was trying to get them to sit on their little Elmo couch together so I could take their picture; however, every time I said "cheese" Bryce would stand up. This in turn made Blake laugh so hard I am sure he peed, so of coarse Bryce kept doing it and they laughed so hard they were falling off the couch. I got one decent picture, but Blake's gum is quite visible :( He is obsessed with chewing Green Extra gum. He doesn't like the fruity gum, he only likes the wintergreen kind, which is great because it is sugar free (I'm such a MOM)!
Anyways, Tim and I have decided that Bryce has an eating disorder . . . meaning he wants to eat all the time. Seriously, he barely wants to play, he gets food out of the cupboard, goes to his highchair and cries to get in so he can eat. He brings bags of crackers and pretzels to us to give him some while he's playing. We are trying to control his snacking habits, but he is not taking to it very kindly. He throws himself down on the ground crying, it is quite sad. He has a healthy appetite, eats plenty of fruits and vegetables, enjoys meats, pastas, and potatoes, I don't recall a meal he has disliked. So, it is not that we don't feed him enough because we really do!! "He must be growing" everyone says, maybe true, but I am not kidding you when I say that if he isn't sleeping, he wants to be eating. This is a HUGE switch from Blake who NEVER eats, and when he does there are only about 4 items on his menu. I don't want to deprive Bryce of healthy snacks, but I definitely don't want him to become a Massive kid either :)

We have a field trip with our Mom's Club tomorrow to visit the Fire Station, I felt it would be therapeutic for Blake. He keeps asking me if I am going to cry when we see the fire trucks (remembering the morning of our fire) and I told him that the fire trucks make me happy because they helped us when we needed help. We'll see how it goes tomorrow!

Tim is out of town tonight and the boys are in bed early, so I am going to settle in and read a book. A wise friend recommended I take some "me time" and I think she is right!!

1 comment:

The Kelpy Family said...

I hope you had a great field trip to the fire station, that sounds super cool! Also hope you enjoyed curling up with your book :) Take care!