Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Being an Adult

I had a very serious conversation with Blake this morning and it is too humorous not to share. He got really quiet, sat down next to me and said, "Mom do you think I will really marry Tay?" I said "I don't know, Blake, you and Tay might find other people to marry. You have to wait until you are an adult to make that decision, so you have a lot of time to figure it out." He said, "But I will be so sad if Tay finds another boyfriend, what will I do?" I told him that maybe he would find another girlfriend. He then asked, "But how do people do that? How do they find boyfriends and girlfriends?" I said "Maybe you will meet someone at school or church or soccer, you never know when you meet a new friend." He said, "Well I hope I just get to keep Tay as my girlfriend when I'm an adult" :)
Than he finished the conversation by saying, "I really can't wait until I am an adult so I can drink beer." OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!! This is not good, he is only 4 years old and he can't wait until he can drink beer. Good thing he doesn't like to try anything new, I hope he stays on PB sandwiches and milk the rest of his life! I did sternly tell him that beer is for adults, it is not very good and not something that you should look forward to drinking. The rest of the explanation will be up to his beer drinking Daddy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's my grandson. golf & beer
this young adult has got it goin