Blake started
preschool today and he did GREAT! He was so excited and was so grown up, he didn't hesitate once. I was so very proud of my big boy even if you couldn't tell through my tears. Blake went into his classroom, said hello to his teacher, put on his name tag, hung up his backpack, gave us hugs, and he never looked back. I spent so much time preparing Blake for his big day that I forgot to prepare myself! We walked out of his school and I started sobbing, not just shedding a few tears, but sobbing to the point of pausing to catch my breath. Bryce was a little perplexed, but bless his heart, offered me his blanket til I felt better. I don't know where it came from, but I was suddenly so proud and so sad at the same time that I couldn't control my emotions. Ugh, I am such a sap = (
I finally pulled it together and Bryce and I enjoyed our date together while Blake was at school.
Blake was treated to a cup of sugar-free hot chocolate for his first day

Mr. Man all ready to go

Precious Moments:
Brycie was sad to see his brother go without him

Blake assured him it would only be for a little while

Blake saw his friends Colin & Ty

*Notice his plain backpack . . . I forgot he needed a full size back pack, so I presented Tim's old back pack to him and he couldn't have been happier. That is until everyone at school was showing their Spiderman and Star Wars backpacks, Blake told them, "Mine is just nothing I guess". I felt so bad, but when I picked him up I asked him what he thought of his backpack and he said, "Oh I really love it". Whew!
Here they go to school
Blake found his
cubby and hung up his plain backpack
Then off he went to find a new life without me . . . just kidding!!!!
He was grinning from ear to ear when I picked him up and when we got home he showed Bryce and me everything he did at school today. It continues to amaze me how fast life happens and how well kids adjust. Somehow I guess I will have to adjust too :)
2 comments:
Rachel-
I read this and it brought tears to my eyes! I can't even imagine what I will be like when my girls get to school. I sobbed on my first day back to school when I had to leave them! Tell Blake he did a great job!
I'm dreading that day...and it's coming way too fast! I'm glad you were able to hold it together until you cleared the building :) I can only imagine the look on Bryce's face wondering what the heck was wrong with you! :) Someday, they'll understand... Love the pic of the boys on the porch!
Post a Comment